This was the radar after I woke up this morning. There were 4 of us heading to the open water swim. Iron Snoopy called me at 530am. Looking at the radar and 1.25 hour ride to get there, it was decided-game over for today. I headed back to bed and fell to sleep trying to figure out plan B for today.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
Weather forecast for tomorrow makes the swim questionable. The plan is to bike afterword. I guess I'll wait and see.
Waddling into the weekend...........
Posted by IronWaddler at 4:16 PM
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
With only 3.5 weeks until Steelhead , I am analyzing every workout. Two weeks will be tapering. So that leaves me with only 10 days of training. Four of those days are weekends.Those days will be crammed with longer workouts. 6 of those days are work days with limited time. I feel like I am not quite ready. Panic is hitting. If I just had 2 more weeks or even 1 , I would feel better. Isn't that always the case though?
Now I have gained confidence that I will finish. Now my obsession has turned to the cutoff times.
Course Cutoff Times
Bike: 5-hours & 15-minutes from the start of the last swim wave.
Posted by IronWaddler at 8:59 PM
Monday, July 07, 2008
Sunday, July 06, 2008
- My dad stayed at my house for the whole wonderful week.
- I was on vacation from work all week.
- The stress level in my life was zero.
- Our yearly 4th of July block party to watch the fireworks was a blast. (for the first time the police did not show up) Last year it was the infamous Drew Peterson.
- My longest ride of the year (62miles) was logged.
- My longest run of the year ( 10Miles) was logged.
- I got a new car- an awesome white Jeep Patriot called the WaddlerMobile.
- The weather was perfect all week. Sunny and 70's.
- Did I say that I had a great week with my dad?
Waddling with a big,big smile...............
Posted by IronWaddler at 3:58 PM