Friday, January 18, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Challenges came at me from the moment my feet hit the floor. I went to grab my morning Diet Mountain Dew and make some toast when I realized it was warm inside the refrigerator. At 5am there are not many options. Luckily it is winter so I grabbed a laundry basket took everything out of the frig and set it in the garage.
At 545, I was out the door and on the treadmill by 6am. I had a good run going when a guy jumped on the treadmill next to me. Decided to play the drums on the treadmill control board and scare the crap out of me because he was banging so hard. I did a good 4 mile run completed.
The locker room became the next stop. After my shower, I was getting ready for work and this lady decided to start a conversation. She was nice but bare naked. She proceeded to tell me of her sciatic pain and show me where it hurt across her butt. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
The trip to work was uneventful. Once there I reached in my pants pocket. To my surprise, I realized that they were on backwards. How embarrassing. In my hurry to leave the gym, I put on my pants the wrong way.
This all happened before 8am. The rest of the day was much of the same.
Waddling to an easier day.............
Run : 4 miles / teadmill/ 53:00
Posted by IronWaddler at 8:17 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2008
- I'll run but inside. I have an upset stomach. I can quit when I want and not do 7 miles.
- When I get to the gym, I will run just 30 minutes because my legs are tired.
- As I am running, I can walk 1 minute every 10 but I have to keep my speed up.
- After 30 min. , I can take a break. I still feel good but can switch to a treadmill on the other side of the gym.
- When I'm close to 6 miles, that's good enough. But mentally I know it's not good enough.
- If I don't take anymore walk breaks, I'll get off faster.
I did make it 7 miles. I was a success more over the mental side of me than the physical. It felt great.
My favorite team , New England , is still winning. What a great game to watch last night. I hope they get to face Indy.
Waddling to watch some football...............
Run : 7.0 miles/ treadmill / 1:32
Posted by IronWaddler at 12:22 PM