Saturday, August 02, 2008
Friday, August 01, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My hubby asked me tonight why am I nervous? I thought for a moment. It seemed like a crazy question. He is into drag racing and does not quite understand my sport. Then I asked myself-why am I nervous?
Several thought as to why I am nervous about Steelhead:
- I have never attempted anything like this before. It's an unknown.
- I am new to swimming and this is a 1.2 mile open water swim in Lake Michigan
- I have done 3 marathons and know how mentally tough it can get. There will be alot of demons out there waiting to talk to me.
- There is no secret that I am doing this. Many people are watching and waiting to see how that I do.
- I do not do well in hot weather. The forecast of 90 and humid is against me.
- There are time cutoffs and I am very slow.
- My goal was to be an example to my kids that you can put your mind to something and complete anything you want.
I think I could add many others but cannot think of them right now.I know everyone could add to the list also because I am sure that I am not the only on that is nervous.
The kids and I are leaving tomorrow for Benton Harbor. Hubby is unable to go. Bino checked over Sugar tonight and she is ready to ride. He also taped a note for me on my Aerobars- " Pain is temporary but quitting is forever" . I was blown away.
Waddling to make lists for packing...............
Posted by IronWaddler at 8:37 PM
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Posted by IronWaddler at 7:12 PM