Sunday, October 22, 2006

WEEKEND WRAP-UP

SAT. : SPIN / 60 min. /AVE HR= 146 / MAX HR = 169
SUN.: RUN / 45 min. / AVE HR= 128 / MAX HR= 152

I got up Saturday am and went to spin class. Mary had us doing some intervals of speed mixed with hills. I have a hard time getting my cadence up to 112-my legs don't move that fast. This is shown in my running also. But I kranked the resistance up on the hills.

On Sunday , I watched the beginning of the marathon on TV before church. As always ,it gives me the goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes. My hubby asked me if I felt bad watching rather than running this year. Absolutely not! My goal is the Pig in the spring and I hate running long in the summer. In the afternoon, I watched Ironman Lake Placid and ran on the treadmill. Very motivating also. I was planning to start my marathon training Jan 1 but I'm beginning to worry that it's not enough time. Maybe start Nov 1.. Still in the thinking stages. I haven't run much lately but need to start building a base so as not to injure my ITB again.

On the marathon week-end.

  • My friend DeeDee finished with no pain and totally enjoyed her 2nd marathon. I am so happy for her. She also stuck with someone who was running their first and helped them the entire race. Kudos to her!
  • Lisa- ran 5:37 and completed her first
  • Roger ran 4:11 and Dawn 4:19
  • On the West Coast- 21st Century mom and Juls did a great good going out and completing the Nike half in SanFrancisco. They have the bling to show for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Waddler, We certainly do have the "bling" to show for it. Congratulations to all who were out running races. It sounds like you are doing some careful thinking about the Pig. That's in May, right? January is probably fine for officially in "training" but it would be good to get your base mileage up between now and then.

>