Sunday, July 29, 2007

RANDOM THOUGHTS



  • I have been watching the Tour all month. It was amazing how close the top 3 riders were at the end. I love Team Discovery and I love Trek bikes. For me - it was a great finish.


My workout for today was a 30-40 mile bike. I grabbed Ole Yellar (MTB) and headed for th I & M trail ride. The interesting part of the ride was the snakes on the trail crossing from the canal to the river. I was so glas I wasn't running. I saw 7 or 8 of them and did hit one (but never looked back). I hate snakes.

I had my training schedule planned out until August 12 when I so the Mideast Duathlon in Sylvania. I am working on a new plan to take me to September 30 when I do a Long Course Duathlon (8k/56k/8k). I have been reading Eric Schwartz and I think I finally am getting a grip on what to do. I undrstand running and training for a marathon but did not get how to train for 2 sports. But I'm putting the final touches on things now.


Bike : 30 miles / MTB on trail

4 comments:

Joe said...

isn't it cool to get a handle on how to train?? Learning all the time...good for you.

I'd be interested sometime to hear your take, as a cycling fan, (and as a medical professional) on the doping issues in the Tour this year.

21stCenturyMom said...

Wasn't it great that once they got the cheaters off the course the winners were within 30 seconds of each other? I love that. The last 2 days of the tour were spectacular!

SNAKES! I'd be happy I was on my bike, too!

Vickie said...

I think you are doing great with your training. Glad you are finding your groove on training.

Spandex King said...

I'm with ya!! Things that don't have legs should not be able to move!!

>