Wednesday, September 26, 2007

NO MORE RIPPLES


Last night was swim class #4. It went so well. I worked on the single switch with breathing and at the end the triple switch. I am still having trouble with my breathing but coach said my form was good.

I have 2 more Ripples classes. The you graduate to Strokes or repeat Ripples. Out of the 6 of us- Nancy and I are going on. I was so, so excited! My coach also suggested that I join Waves which is the Master's swim team. Can you believe it?? I am no where near being the swimmer to do a Tri yet but........Coach thinks I'm on track for my "A" race next summer.

When I got home, thank heaven for TIVO Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars was going head to head. I love them both. I can't believe they voted Jerry off the Blue Team and How much better the women dancers are than the men. It's going to be a good season for both.

Waddling to work after lunch..........

8 comments:

Pokey said...

Great job!

Your pool etiquette (or lack thereof) post absolutely cracked me up! LOL!! Who knew? ;P

Mary Sunshine said...

Sounds like your class is tougher than some of the iron camps I attended! I'm so happy to hear that you are moving up AND that you are considering the Masters group AND MOST OF ALL that you are enjoying the water!

Vickie said...

Good for you with your swimming! And a masters class can be intimidating, but if you do decide to go, just stick with it. I went without any knowledge, just about died halfway through the class, and went on to what I have now. So it works.

Joe said...

awesome progress!! The muscle memory is coming along!!!

Duane said...

Looking good!

Irene said...

I'm glad to hear the swimming is going so well for you! Congratulations on graduating to "Strokes!" That's wonderful that your coach suggested swim team. The thing about joining in with the swim team is that you get in a lot more practice and you'll get more work on technique, which will increase speed.

I also can't believe they voted Jerry off, either. I think that was a mistake, but he did make great progress afterwards. :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Unknown said...

Ripples, Strokes, Waves. They make it even SOUND fun.

Melissa said...

Love BIGGEST LOSER. I tried out for it when they picked someone from every state. I stood in line freezing in Chicago for about 5 hours. Had about 30 seconds to sell myself and obviously didn't do a good job. If I had known that they were going to pick one person from each state I never would have stood out there so long.

It was a fun experience and I loved talking to people in line, so it wasn't all in vain.

I was bummed they voted off Jerry. He could have gotten far. I would have voted off Kae.

Later,
Melissa

>