Saturday, December 29, 2007

LOOKING AHEAD


Now that I have looked back, it is the time to look forward.

My #1 goal of 2008 is to complete a triathlon. The base has begun to be laid. I have learned how to swim. I have lost 18 lbs. Santa brought me a bike trainer for home. Now to remain injury free and take it up a notch.

I ran into my swim coach at the pool. Master's swim is going from 1 day per week to 3 days per week. I was excited. That is just what I need. Now add my bike at home with spin then add some mileage to my run. This will take me to March 24 when my half-ironman plan kicks in. Oh, also I need to lose15-20 more lbs.

Waddling forward..............

6 comments:

Joe said...

And I'm guessing you'll have your Tri in the bag long before Homer Simpson does!!! Great image!!!

The comment on avoiding injury is right on the money. Pay attention...the cool thing about doing tri's is that if one sport has a problem, the others can compensate somewhat!!

21stCenturyMom said...

I think we need some before and after pics. I know you aren't done but 18 pounds is a bunch (and frankly 40 sounds like too much but I'll leave that to you).

Anyhow - time to show off!

Vickie said...

18 pounds! I am JEALOUS! Great goals. But drat! You are keeping meon my toes, no doubt!

Unknown said...

I wish all the best for you in 2008. And you lost 18 lbs?!?! That's fantastic!!

Irene said...

Congratulations on all of your accomplishements in 2007! I can only imagine what 2008 will bring to you!

Happy New Year!

RunnerGirl said...

Your goals sound awesome! Happy New Year!

>