Thursday, February 21, 2008

After a great workout day on Tuesday, I awoke early Wednesday prepared to head for the gym for a run. I was disappointed to wake up with one of my famous migraine headaches. Soon after the stomach woes kicked in and I headed back to bed with no hope of even making it to work.


My head felt like it was ready to explode. I knew that my blood pressure had been alittle on the high side. Last summer after a check up, I was told to lose weight and excercise. I have lost weight and I do excercise. Because of being adopted, I do not know my family history and that could be a factor. I took my BP only to see the reading say 170/105. Damn!!! I knew if I called the MD they would send me to ER. I opted to go back to bed. By evening it had come down to 155/94. Better but not great. I made a deal with myself to get it checked and not increase my workouts like planned until I did.

This morning when I woke up, I still felt crappy. So I stayed home again. I can't remember the last time I called in for 2 days for me. Mr Waddler wanted to take me to ER but being the very stubborn person that I am , he went to work and I promised to call the MD by 9am.

Currently I am waiting for the office to open. I am researching options and gaining as much information about High Blood Pressure Treatment. I do not want this to change any of my goals. I am one of those people who hate taking medication. Also being in the medical field, once I start taking High blood pressure medication, I am labeled as hypertensive. I just want to labeled as healthy.

Waddling to talk to the MD.................

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your blood pressure, but if you need meds to keep in under control, please do so, untreated, it is very dangerous.

My husband has been on BP meds for a long time. I am happy to label him as 'alive' :)

RunnerGirl said...

Feel better . . .

rocketpants said...

You have changed your habits and listened to your doctor which is awesome. Don't be too hard on yourself if you need to take meds. Sometimes these things are controllable by changing our food and exercise and sometimes they are beyond our control. You are doing great with exercising and losing weight!

Vickie said...

Take care of yourself! A lot of people have been sick lately, and maybe the migraine had something to do with the BP. When I'm not feeling well, my BP goes up some. Oh, that and after driving to work. (True.)

Fe-lady said...

Wow...hope you are feeling better soon!

If it's any comfort, I slept most of yesterday too...needed to. It's OK to have a couple of rest/sick days!

Mary Sunshine said...

Big prayers and constant healing wishes are going out to you right now!

A huge hug from someone who cares in Cincinnati,

Mary

Joe said...

Bummer!! Hope your conversation with your doc went well. You'll make the good decision.

And even BP doesn't rule out exercise...

Irene said...

Take care!

>