Monday, May 05, 2008

AN EVENING AT THE BIKE SHOP

The weather was beautiful this evening. I was planning to go out and run with Dakota but my tri bike was on my mind. The last time that I rode it my front gear became stuck. Bino and I loaded up and headed for Bicycles, Etc. The guys were great and it was good to see Fred again. They listened to what I had to say and answered all my questions.



While they worked on my bike, I was able to shop around the store. I picked up a couple of packs of Recoverite. Iron Snoopy and I were talking about recovery drinks on the run Sunday and I bought a couple of packs to give it a try. I am realizing also how little that I know about triathlon nutrition.


My bike is working great -thanks to the guys. I am looking forward to a longer ride this weekend. I never got out for my run but always enjoy time at the bike store.

Water temperature for Galena has been posted--55 degrees. I think it need to reach 61 for the swim to happen.

Waddling to put Sugar away.........................

3 comments:

Unknown said...

55deg is cold. Even 61 seems cold. I hope it warms up for you so that you get to do a triathlon and not a duathlon!

rocketpants said...

I hope all is sorted out with the bike. Another great recovery drink is a cup of chocolate milk. Has just the perfect carb:protein ratio that studies have looked at and 'works' better in some studies than some of the recovery drinks. Cheaper and tastier (in my opinion) too. Good luck with the nutrition. It can be overwhelming at times.

Kimberly Rae said...

55!! 55 degrees, good gosh that's ccccccooolllldddd!

>