Saturday, September 06, 2008

FINAL STRETCH

I can now count on one hand the number of weeks until the Chicago Marathon. I can't believe I have only 3 longer runs left. Tomorrow is a 18 miler. Next week a 14 miler. Then it's the big one a 20 miler. That will take me into the 3 week taper.

I have had to cancel going to race at the USAF half marathon. It is my favorite half to run. My kids, one is a junior and one a senior, have there homecoming that weekend. I just can't miss it.

It's hard to believe that my 2008 season is almost over. My friend Sharkie and I plan on celebrating by volunteering at IMFL. I know someone that has a condo down there. I am looking forward to it.

Waddling to set my stuff out for tomorrow..........

4 comments:

Joe said...

Time is flying indeed; hard to believe. You have set yourself well for Chicago.

Now you, like EVERYONE ELSE, is hoping for a non-repeat of last year's race-day weather!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

Love the pic.

It is so hard to believe you are almost at taper for Chicago. WOW.

This also means that I should ramp up some miles so I can be ready for Twin Cities 10-miler....(Thanks for reminding me).

The season really flew by....

Unknown said...

getting closer. best wishes with your long runs!

Vickie said...

And you have had a very successful season! If you need another volunteer at IMFL....

>