Sunday, August 14, 2005

THE WEEKEND

Friday: Rest

Saturday:Rest

Sunday: Run / 4hours35 min. / 17.8 miles

Today I tried a new course for my long run. I went to the I & M canal in Channahon. My goal was to run 4 1/2 hours. I hoped to start at 6 but ran aliitle behind. I had a bagel and banana for breakfast along with my diet Mountain Dew. I packed my fuel belt for my run. 3 bottles of smart water, 2 bottles of gatorade endurance formula. and 3 energice. Weather was cloudy and 68.

I loved the run!! Perfect weather and what a great place to go. If possible I will do all my long runs from here. I have 3 more long runs before the marathon. The goal : to be injury free from here to then. I ran in to my friend on the trail -she had a great run also. Her first 20 miler -what a high.

No comments:

>