Saturday, August 12, 2006

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

RUN: 2:12 / AVE PACE 14:03 ( 1 PIT STOP & 1 PHONE CALL) /9.43 MILES
BREAKDOWN= 4RUN:1 WALK 13:58 AVE RUN PACE 17:05 AVE WALK PACE
Fuel Belt: 16 oz. Smart Water / 16 oz. Gatorade Endurance / 1 pack sport beans


Again ,I overslept and didn't get out until 730. By the time I got to Waterfall Glen the parking lot was full and I had to park down the road. Does that tell you how perfect the morning was? It was sunny, no humidity, and 65. My goal was to have an ave run pace in the 13:45 range and walk around 16:30. I wasn't too far off and tried to run by the way I felt and not look at my watch until the end of the run. I would like to run a half around 2:45-2:50 which is a pace of 12:45. I totally enjoyed the run and all the people that were out. I felt good at the end. Best of all-----my knee did not hurt. No pain.

I am still glad I did not run the Chicago Distance Classic this weekend. My friend is running it and I will miss going down today,the hotel, and the greasy hamburger after. But I know in the long run this is better.

Now I'm off to a day with my 16 year old daughter shopping. That will probably take more out of me than the run!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

great job! you stuck very close by your goal!

>