Tuesday, January 16, 2007

HOLDING STEADY

SPIN : 1:00 // AVE HR= 150

Mare was back at spin tonight so I knew it sould be one hell of a workout. She did not let me down. It was an endurance spin. The goal was to keep your heart rate steady in the upper part of zone 3 (which for me was 145-155). If you saw a drop in your rate- pick it up. If you went close to your AT slow down or drop the resistance.
Calories burned is supposedly higher in this kind of workout. I don't know but whee doggies it was tough. The time went fast because you were so focused on your rate.

The thought of running the Chicago marathon again this year has popped into my mind. I swore I would never run it again but it's the 30th. After hours of searching, I booked a hotel room downtown- things are really filling up and selling out fast.

Waddling to watch American Idol.............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Robert Key and I am a runner from Houston, Texas. I saw your name as one of the replies to Vic's amazing post about his Houston Marathon experience, and I went and read your blog and enjoyed it very much. I have a web site at http://www.faithfulsoles.com that is inspirational stories for walkers, runners and athletes of all ages and abilities. A new feature I am adding to the site is a searchable blog database where people can find a blog of interest to them based on similar abilities, goals and interests. To my knowledge it will be the only one of its kind for runners on the internet. I would be honored if you would allow me to put a link to your blog on the site. Just click on "Link your running blog" under "Free Features" from the home page. If you want to learn more about my running background, just click on "Meet Robert" from the main menu. Thanks.

Vickie said...

You're brave doing 2 marathons in one year! But go for it. I think Chicago is very popular with people in this area too. It was my first, back in 1992, so of course I have (some) fond memories of it. Were it not for the fact that it snowed, sleeted, there were single digit windchills, and we had 30 mph headwinds, I might actually have enjoyed it more!

Vickie said...

I was thinking about the heart rate thing at spinning and remember I used to do this too. I'll have to try this again.

>