Monday, January 15, 2007

THE BOTTOM LINE CHALLENGE


RUN: 30min. /TREADMILL


Today began the bottom line challenge at work. There are multiple hospitals and nursing facilities in our Corporation. Every year we have a weight loss competition. You can enter as teams and individuals. There are some rather nice monetary prizes at the end. We have 16 employees in our department and 14 of us are entered. 2 teams of 6 and 2 individuals. I am the captain of PENGUINS WITH POTENTIAL. It is actually alot of fun. You get points for weight loss, blood pressure, fat percentage, exercise time, health quizzes and nutrition tracking. I think we have a great chance because I have alot of potential. First prize for the team is $500 per person with a bonus if we you reweigh at 6 months you are still at the same weight.

I did an easy run on the treadmill at home tonight. I had thoughts of going to Yoga but Hooch had a cheer competition and I needed to wait for her call. I did add 15 minutes of upper body weights.

Waddling into the bottom line challenge..........

5 comments:

Charles said...

Good luck with the competetion!!

Vickie said...

Hmm. That seems like a good contest. Our office is always trying to come up with something. Maybe this would be more fun that the usual backbiting competition we get into. Can you pass on the rules? Send me a PDF or something? vbaker@wnj.com. I'd like to pass on to our wellness person. P.S. I won last year, but I think they are in secret meetings on ways to keep me from competing this year.

IronSnoopy said...

Nice job on the run!

Your contest sounds like it's smart and well run. Good luck!

I thought you looked awesome at the gym on Sunday, though. :)

One of my friends works at an office of mostly guys. They all diet like crazy every Januaryish, and when it's over...they celebrate with cases of sliders from White Castle.

Uhm, yeah. Yours sounds so much more sane. And I love the name! Good luck!

iJuls said...

My work has a similar thing called the million step challenge. You log your steps to get entries into a drawing. I didn't win the treadmill, but I did win an iPod nano.

Good luck in your contest.

sharon said...

That sounds like a great contest. I wish we had something like that where I work. You would think that working for a hospital we'd have more wellness incentives. We can't even talk them into a work out room for employees.

>