Thursday, January 18, 2007

I CONFESS...

ZERO

This was me tonight. Couch potato. I had on the schedule to spin but tonight was Bino's last bowling match and he was on Varsity. I decided I'd just run on the treadmill. After I got home, I ordered pizza for the family and was getting ready to change into my running clothes when BAM! -it happened. No motivation. I just didn't want to do it. My hubby looked at me very suprised. I can give you alot of reason why I didn't do it but none that are valid- no excuse.

What happend next was-the pizza was delivered and I sat down and ate a slice. My diet forgotten about completely. I have been so good the last 17 days. I just cracked.




Then the ultimate--Cinnasticks with Icing. I ate 3. I have gone to the dark side.
Being brought up Catholic, I fine tuned my guilt over the years and it was really kicking in now! Did I run to the treadmill? NO. But I know tomorrow , I will kick myself in the butt and get back on the wagon. The marathon is 15 weeks away. Time to keep it together. Put it behind and go on.

Waddling along guilty.....

7 comments:

IronSnoopy said...

No, no, no! NO guilt! Please don't beat yourself up over this. Things happen. Life happens. Sometimes you just get tired. It's OK!

Do you have built-in cheat days on your diet? When I'm training hard and actually watching what I eat, I still have a day where I can eat whatever I want. One day a week -- I can have ice cream or nachos or whatever -- and that helps me eat better the rest of the time. It's kinda the 80/20 rule - 80% of the time eat great and then 20% of the time do what you want!

No worries! It's OK. You are only human. And I'm betting you didn't do nearly the "damage" you think you did. :)

Spandex King said...

Think of it as a little reward. 17 good days and 1 bad isn't to bad.

Vickie said...

I learned a while ago, one day won't hurt anything. Its when you can't stop that's the problem! You gave in to it, but now that you feel sufficiently guilty, you probably won't do it again for a while! What is it about growing up Catholic and going through life feeling guilty anyway? I think I finally am learning to get over that.

sharon said...

I can't believe you made it that long. You are to be commended not left feeling guilty. I can't go more than 1 day without at least a little cheat

21st Century Mom said...

Sometimes you have to fall down hard and get back up - you just do.

Your body has now been tricked into thinking it has to speed up and process all that food. This will work out in the long run!

Unknown said...

Don't give it a second thought. One slice of pizza and some cinnisticks? Don't give it a thougtht. You've fine. You didn't fall off the wagon. You just poked your head out the back for a quick peek.

Seeya at the Pig.

Irene said...

Sometimes a girl's just gotta have pizza! Ditto on what ironsnoopy said, do you have a built in cheat/free day? I don't do a whole day but I do two "free" meals a week, Thursday dinner and Sunday brunch or dinner. It sure helps.

>