Friday, January 19, 2007

WEEK-END INDECISION

ZERO

Today was a scheduled rest day. After yesterday, I probably don't need it. But I took it anyway. My MIL is flying in from Cleveland tonight to spend some time with us. I love her alot and will be glad to have her here. I've been worried about her being alone for the first time. Her house is on the market and will be up here with us permanently soon in her new home .

My dilemma for the week-end is my long run. I want to do 3 hours. I know most people run by miles by I do all my workouts by time. 3 hours to most runner would be a really long run but as slow as I am I don't cover many miles. It will probably be between 12-13. I hope before the marathon to do 2 long runs of 5 hours apiece. The problem this week-end is that I need to do my long run on Sunday. Last weekend, I managed 2:30 on the treadmill. Sunday the weather in the AM will be 10-15 degrees with snow beginning. I could go by some warmer clothes since winter has a ways to go or head to the gym. I always complained about training for a marathon in the summer but this is making me rethink that.

Waddling while pondering.............

6 comments:

Flo said...

That is a tough decision. 3 hours in the gym might send me on a shooting spree but you handled it wonderfully last weekend. I'm just glad I don't face those decisions or you'd find me on my butt in front of the tv ;)

21st Century Mom said...

I think you know you are a runner when 12-13 miles no longer counts as 'really long'.

Vickie said...

Three hours in the cold would be hard too, so I see your dilemma. I'm not that fast either, so I know I would do about what you will do, and yet running on the treadmill that long would probably leave me crippled. I hope you figure this out before the weekend passes! Glad I don't have to make those decisions just yet.

IronSnoopy said...

It's nice that your MIL is coming. I'm sure she's happy to be here, too. :)

I'm with ya on the quandry. I *have* cold weather gear and I still don't wanna run outside tomorrow. 10 degrees is fine for a quick run, but 3 hours in those temps is really difficult. I'll probably see ya at the gym. :)

Joe said...

Yeah, it is a tough call in this weather. You'll make the right call, though. Don't forget to take some water or stop and get some somewhere, if you are outside.

I like your "run for time" plan. You will prepare well for the Pig with that plan.

And how cool to be counting down the weeks!!!

Irene said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Oh, the cold weather, and three hours in it! I also like the idea of a timed run, instead of a distance run. It looks like your training is going well. Take care

>