Thursday, February 15, 2007

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN




SPIN: 1:00 / AVE HR=147 / MAX = 172
The spin class started with the music "California Dreamin" on such a winter day. It seemed so right today. The temperatures have dropped to near zero again with some unreal windchills. I envy you guys that have the warmer weather :)We had a new instructor and she rocked. We did pyramid hill workouts. The time passed by so quickly- I was amazed when we hit the cool down.

Today at work , I finished my four weeks of training on the new equipment we have. I am relieved that it's done and anxious to start working with it without someone looking over my shoulder. I am totally mentally exhausted.
Waddling to veg-out for awhile...........

5 comments:

IronSnoopy said...

Yay for the good spin instructor! I ride on Thursdays and about died of boredom on the trainer tonight...who is the new instructor?

I'm glad your training is over, now you can do real work, LOL! Nice job on making it through this month and especially keeping all your training up. Yo gonna tear da Pig UP! :)

Vickie said...

So what are these pyramid hill workouts? I'm interested in trying to put together some type of training ride workouts on my own. Anything to keep from getting bored! Glad you are done with your training. That should give you the time now to concentrate on finishing up on your training!

Joe said...

I wore out a 45rpm version of that song when it first came out...oh my, that was a long time ago!

I'm in Wheaton right now...just bought a pair of Brooks Beast at Naperville Running Company. What a super store!!!! I will blog about it, but thanks so very much for the suggestion. Great guys who spent an hour with me. Thank you!!

And, wow, -20 wind chill on Friday mornign here!! Brutal!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Nelly. Did you dig out from the snowstorm yet? I picked a rather bad time to come back, as it turned out.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I read your story of a similar situation a few months ago and have given a lot of thought your experiences recently. I've found that no matter how prepared I thought I was for this. . . I'm not. What I'm finding is that if there's anything to be said, it had best be said before it's too late.

RunForTheNecklace said...

Hey, we're running our races on the same day May 6th! Very cool! And you're way ahead of us on your training. Hours! We're hitting our first! But there's time right!!!

>