Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CHALLENGE YOURSELF

SPIN : 1:00 / AVE HR= 152/ MAX HR= 172

"Take tonight and challenge yourself." That's how my fav instructor started spin class. I felt tonight like she was personally coaching me even though there we 25 others in the room. We did 4 hill climbs tonight. The goal was to come out of your comfort zone on your ride. It's easy to spin for an hour with light resistance. You must take ownership of the workout. There are no gains if you don't take yourself to another level. She reminded us of our form and finding a relaxed position to settle in to. I've taken her classes for over 1 year now and every time realize how lucky I am to find such a motivating person.

When I got home, the peeps that have been sitting there taunting me were eaten. I felt like tonight I truely earned all 4 of them.

Waddling with peeps in my tummy...............

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I have thought this about myself lately too, that while I might be doing a lot and attempting to achieve a lot, I wonder sometimes if I can push myself harder and still pull off what I want to do. It sounds like you are doing just that. It will help you in your marathon.

Spandex King said...

one for each hill. Power to the Peeps!! Great job!!

IronSnoopy said...

Yummy for Peeps! I'm waiting eagerly for the Easter Bunny to send some my way. :)

And yay for spin! She motivates you, but you do the work. Nice job.

Irene said...

"You must take ownership of the workout. There are no gains if you don't take yourself to another level."

Great post! Way to go pushing yourself!

>