Thursday, April 05, 2007

FULL MOON


RUN: 70 MIN. / TREADMILL / 8R:1W

You can always tell the time of a full moon at the hospital. Today was no exception to the rule. It began when I walked in to find the 2 computers that run our treatment machine were down. I dialed the 800number for our help line and reached a sex talk line. That was no help! I finally got everything going. Next we had 2 emergency patients added to our overscheduled day. Unfortunately both patients had brains mets and were very combative. One thing after another happened thensuddenly we realized it was already 2:30 and nobody had stopped or eaten lunch. When I left everthing was done and calm. That only happens when you work with a great team like I do.
I did make it to the gym tonight and ran on the treadmill. It was dark, cold and the winds were gusty so I opted for the inside. Being on the treamill I was able to push myself to a harder workout than I would have done outside.
I checked the weather for the weekend and it looks good for my long run.
Waddling and howling at the moon..................

7 comments:

Flo said...

Nice picture. The moon has been beautiful the last couple of nights.

GeekGirl said...

Oh, I don't know. The sex line might not have helped with the computers...but you would have been calmer about them...

Vickie said...

I hope your weather is looking better than ours. Good treadmill workout! I may have to do the same if we get all the snow they predict.

Joe said...

Wow, 8/1 !! Good for you!!! That makes up for the bad day earlier.

Cool team work for your crew.

Lisa - Slow & Steady said...

good treadmill workout! hope the weather cooperates for your long run outside!!

Reluctant Penguin said...

Sounds like a great treadmill workout. Can't believe the Pig is just a month away. Looks like you're ready.

Irene said...

Awesome photo!

Yep. Full moon and everything happnens! I would venture to guess that working in a hospital and a full moon brings all sorts of interesting patient problems...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

>