Saturday, June 02, 2007

ANOTHER BRCK IN THE WALL

The hardest thing about training for a duathlon is that you have to find the time to be slow at 2 sports rather than just one. This morning was another brick in my schedule. The training plan calls to run first then bike. I also today wanted to work on my hydration and fuel. I had Smart Water for my drink and GUs for fuel. It seemed to work well for me but I want to try other options also. I have a duathlon next weekend so we'll see how the training is going.

The afternoon proved to be more stressful than my workout. My daughter Hooch is 17. When she began driving we gave her my PT Cruiser. It has 72,000 miles. Today it began a spiral toward some big problems. My hubby decided he wanted to take her to look at trading it in for a different car for her birthday. She drove home this afternoon in her new Tiburon. We did make a really good deal and we needed to do something.

Run - 1:12:07 / 4.95 miles / 14:33 ave pace


Bike - 2:00 / 22.73 miles / 11.3 mph ave pace / MTN bike / Trail

5 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

My biggest thing with adding the whole bike thing is how much *time* bike workouts demand! Especially not being so speedy!

21stCenturyMom said...

You crack me up - time to be slow at 2 things - HA. I'd love to go for a ride with you at that pace. It's perfect. I know for other people it is slow but I like to look around so there.

Joe said...

Oh my...a new car for the 17 year old!!! Yeah, that's stressful indeed!! Hope she drives well!!

Vickie said...

You are doing fine on your workouts! I know how you feel though, always trying to work in more workouts that take way too long sometimes!

Unknown said...

Good for you for getting in the brick and also for working on hydration and fuel. It's different for everyone and seems to take experimentation.

>