Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY



I've been so busy that I haven't updated things. On Tuesday my hubby took me to Bicylcles,Etc. to look at bikes. I wanted to get a tri bike for my duathlons by the end of the year. I fell in love with the Trek Equinox. While I was taking it for a test drive - it was mine!!! My hubby bought me an early birthday present.

That's when the fun begun. Getting fitted for the bike. Russ , the owner's son, worked with me. He adjusted things while I was riding on a trainer. My seat was changed, a different stem put on, aerobars adjusted and he even adjusted the clips in my shoes. I then picked out a new helmet, gloves, and shirt. Of course they matched the bike. My hubby and I went to lunch and my bike was completed. I had the best experience. Amazing customer service!!
Thanks also to Fred who was alot of fun to talk to while we were there. My hubby and Russ also came to terms about the bike shop being actively supported by my Husband's Drag Race team "Corbin / Dean Racing". Look for future photos of Bicycle Etc's graphic's on my hubby's Mustang that he drag races. It was definitely a good day had by all. My new bike was named Sugar.
Today , I went to Plainfield for the Joliet Bicycle Club ride. Sugar got to go for her first ride. I was planning on going 45. I ran into my friend Ronda , who I did this ride with last year, she was doing 30. I chose to back down the miles and enjoyed riding with a friend. Sugar did great.
Waddling patriotically.............

5 comments:

Irene said...

New wheels and clothes to match! Fantastic!

Vickie said...

What a wonderful husband! And what a great birthday present. You are going to love it. And yes, I will do my utmost to come to Waterloo and cheer you guys on. I will need to do a long ride that day, so I won't have time to do the race. Hopefully I can get my ride in there.

Joe said...

Drag racing, duatholons...what a team!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely b'day gift.

Have fun, and ride strong on Sugar!!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I heart my TREK E7. I hope you love yours as much! ojdudyjr

>