Tuesday, July 17, 2007

QUIET NIGHT


Not a creature was stirring -not even a mouse......

Everyone was out tonight when I came home fromspin. It was a strange but nice kind of quiet in the house. I took my shower and turned the Tour de France on the DVR.

Yesterday, I added a new element to my training. Everyday at lunch, our fitness center where I work offer a 30 minute strength work. I decided to try it and see how it goes. Monday and Thurs. the focus is arms. Tuesday and Friday the focus is legs. Wednesday is core. I hope I can try to fit it in.

Tonight's spin class focused on accelerations followed by hills. My legs were burning. Mary's goal was to get us to the point of sucking wind. She did a great job!

This weekend ,I was planning a 10 mile run Sat followed by a 30 mile bike on Sunday. Some friends are doing a 62 mile organized ride Sunday. I'm not sure what to do. When training for a marathon ,I've always understood increasing miles. but this multi-sport thing is not so straight forward. If I bike long on Sunday-what would a good run be for Saturday? Maybe 6?

Monday: Elliptical - 30 min. Strength : 30 min.- arms
Tuesday: Spinning - 60min. Strength : 30 min. - legs

Waddling to watch the powerful climbers on the Tour................

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I know what you mean about what to do when. I have to question these "coaches" out there who come up with training plans. Not that I don't think they are good, just why they think they will work. What is the purpose of doing this as opposed to that? Anyway, I would think 6 or 7 would be a good run for Saturday and then do the long bike Sunday. You might be somewhat tired, but it would be easier doing the run then bike than the other way around.

Spandex King said...

And I didn't think this was going to be a good tour!! I'm a lovin it!!

Unknown said...

I'll give you an idea what I do, but I'm a newbie back of the packers so my opinion may not mean much at all

M - bike to work
T - short (speedwork) run
W - short swim and/or Bike2Work
H - med run
F - long swim
S - long bike
S - long run

And my long run is whatever my long run needs to be (this week 9 miles, next week 10)

Joe said...

Boy, I don't bike so I'm not sure. You'll want something left in your legs for th 62 but can't ignore the running.

Gut feel says 6 on Saturday is reasonable...It is supposed to be cool on Sat am, so enjoy it!!

>