Sunday, January 13, 2008




Did you ever have one of those workouts where you were constantly bargaining with yourself to keep going? It was me today on the treadmill.

My deals:

  • I'll run but inside. I have an upset stomach. I can quit when I want and not do 7 miles.

  • When I get to the gym, I will run just 30 minutes because my legs are tired.

  • As I am running, I can walk 1 minute every 10 but I have to keep my speed up.

  • After 30 min. , I can take a break. I still feel good but can switch to a treadmill on the other side of the gym.

  • When I'm close to 6 miles, that's good enough. But mentally I know it's not good enough.

  • If I don't take anymore walk breaks, I'll get off faster.

I did make it 7 miles. I was a success more over the mental side of me than the physical. It felt great.


My favorite team , New England , is still winning. What a great game to watch last night. I hope they get to face Indy.

Waddling to watch some football...............

Run : 7.0 miles/ treadmill / 1:32

8 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

That sounds like ALL of my workouts :-)

Sunshine said...

Wow! That's amazing... I keep thinking I should be enjoying this. Other people get such satisfaction from their workouts. Why is this so boring for me? Huh!
We are not alone.

Joe said...

You persevered...a good workout, no matter how often Monty Hall showed up.

Boy, the Colts failed to play defense...I think it looks like an easy path for your Patriots now, with both the Colts and Cowboys out of the way!

Melissa said...

Great job winning mentally. You could have given up so easily and you didn't. Keep up the good work. My Chicago Bears stunk this year, so I hope you have a happy run with your patriots.

RunnerGirl said...

I play Let's Make a Deal with myself every single time I work out. Glad to know its not just me!

Vickie said...

I can't think of many workouts where I don't bargain with myself. What is important though is that we keep moving regardless of what our heads are telling us!

Irene said...

Nope... They get to face my Chargers! And it's not going to be an easy path for the Pats, even though they're the favs... Has anyone not been paying attention to the Chargers lately???

BTW, I bargain with myself all the time over my workouts!

rocketpants said...

The eternal bargain...i don't think it ever stops and especially with the DREADMILL. I just end up doing interval because it gets it over quicker...run really fast for 0.1 mile, let heart rate recover, and repeat until distance is achieved. Way to get the workout in.

>