Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Sunday morning, at 6am the alarm went off. It was cold outside. Why would anyone want to get up? Masters Swim Class. A cold pool just waiting to jump in to. I get up then get a bite to eat and I'm out the door. This will be my 3rd class for the week. The pool was packed. There were 4 people in each lane. Coach spent alot of time with the 6 new people. The workout he had written on the board was challenging for me.

I met someone new who swims about my speed and is doing several Tri's this year. We shared a lane and worked well together.

This morning made me appreciate the gym where I'm at. There are alot of people who I can connect with who are training for Tri's this year. And just starting out that is a huge motivation to me. A special thanks to my friend Iron Snoopy who is my hero.

Now off to the true test of endurance. Five hours at a cheer competition. Go Hooch!

Waddling with pom-poms.................

Swim : 60 min. / 1800m swim class

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, you're amazing! I can't even get myself to the gym by 8:30 for a women on weights class. Swimming in a master's class at 6 a.m.? That's awesome. Happy swimming.

Joe said...

You are demonstrating solid committment!! Hope all the cheering went well!

Irene said...

It's a good feeling to find someone who goes at your speed. :)

RunnerGirl said...

Five hours of cheering? That's just craziness!

Sunshine said...

Yea! Swimmer!

>