Monday, January 05, 2009

WEEK 1 OF 14



Today begins my Pre-IM training. It will last 14 weeks which will take me to the week of April 13th when my 30 week IM plan will begin. Each week will have different goals. There will be several common goals though:


  1. Lose at least 1 pound per week.
  2. Increase daily water intake and decrease diet Mountain Dew
  3. Workout out: min.=5 days per week
  4. Keep heart rate in zone 2 for most workouts.
  5. Daily Sit-ups starting with 10 per day in week one and increasing by 5 every week.
  6. Daily Calorie intake no higher than 1600/day and track with SparkPeople.com
  7. Prepare for Indy 500 half Marathon
  8. Maintain 5-6 hours per week of training
  9. Stay injury free and listen to my body
  10. Enjoy!

Waddling into week 1............

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Go make it happen! :-)

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Don't forget rest and recovery!

Love the looks of your plan! You can do it!

I don't know about you, but I'm kind of liking the idea of lots of base building and zone 2 coming up this winter. I don't know...it's kind of like a hibernation thing for me. I just like slow and steady work until it's time to get outside again.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

All sounds very doable and smart! You are going to have a great year!

RBR said...

Very exciting!! You are on the road to IRON!!

IronSnoopy said...

You know my blood clot was 95% Diet Mountain Dew. It glowed fluorescent and everything.

Your plan looks good. Just remember not to go too crazy right now. 44 weeks is a loooonnnggggg time to be training.

You're doing great. :)

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Sounds like a great plan. I look forward to following your progress.

Vickie said...

Sounds great! I'll be following along! LOL!

Irene said...

Looks like a great (and very doable) plan!

Joe said...

wow...those are quite the goals. Hope it starts off well this week!

ShirleyPerly said...

Good to write down your goals. Best of luck with all of them!

>