Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LIFE CHANGING

Our lives are made by certain experiences that are life changing. Some have small effects while others change the course of your future. How we handle things and adjust makes us the people that we are and we will become.

My mother in law is again facing huge changes. She is a product of the time when smoking was cool and a normal part of life. After smoking for 40 years, she found out she had emphysema. That was 6 years ago and she changed her life by quiting smoking. This week after being taken to the emergency room by ambulance for shortness of breath, she is facing another huge change. The rest of her life she will need to be hooked to oxygen. She is being very brave about it but I think she is not home yet and the full reality had not yet hit.

House also is facing his surgery on Monday to permanently implant the neurostimulator. His life will also be changed forever.

My life has not had any specific events like their changes. I have gotten the fallout effects. This has not stopped my journey to Iron just required a few adjustments. All things happen for a reason that shape our future.

Waddling on the journey...........

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a lot goingn on in your life - with your loved ones. Be strong.

Calyx Meredith said...

Best wishes for your MIL and House and everyone around them. Glad your trajectory hasn't been altered off of the iron path. Hope things get a bit smoother for all soon.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I feel they can all be opportunities to grown, learn and express gratitude for what we DO have. Stay strong...

Vickie said...

Your mother in law sounds a lot like my mom--smoked for 40 years, ended up in the hospital for severe pneumonia, found out she had emphysema, and eventually went on oxygen. Its not an easy life, and I'm sure she wishes she had done things differently. Take heart in the fact that you are trying to do something good for yourself so you won't have to suffer like this in later life.

ShirleyPerly said...

I too have experienced some fallout effects, some of which have definitely changed me. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

WOW. Big changes. Sending good thoughts your family's way.

Take this all one day at a time.

Dori said...

Sorry about your mother in law. I've been watching DVDs of Mad Men and they smoke like crazy. Yuck!

RBR said...

Wow I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Man, you have so much going on while being a TOTAL ROCKSTAR Ironman in training! (I thought you needed a reminder of how awesome you are!)

I really hope that the neurostimulator give house some relief.

Take care!

>