Sunday, June 04, 2006

I WAS LOST BUT NOW I'M FOUND

RUN: 6.0 MILES/ 4:1 RATIO. 1:20

Today a lot came to me during my run. I have be wondering for months about my training. I have been pondering my bad runs. but today for some reason a lot of things began making sense. I know this will sound like alot of rambling but I'll just throw my thoughts out there.

  1. I am me. I am not Mary or Iron Wil. I will be 50 this fall and will not return to 30 or 40 again. I can be the best for me and stop the comparisons.
  2. I've gained 40 lbs. Since 20 years ago when I ran a 1:59 half. Also regained 8 lbs since April. I would feel much better weighing less.
  3. I need to take Mondays and Fridays off for recovery. I have been working out hard on the weekends but not resting before the week.
  4. On my long runs step back and go back to the 4:1 ratio. It's long slow distance . I ran my best times with this last year. I can;t run the entire long run.
  5. I am a runner turned biker. I am learning and enjoying the bike . Just because I ride does not mean I have to do duathlons. It can be a nice change. I am not doing Batavia. I am not afraid to finish last except when it is due to lack of preparation.
  6. There is a way to run and bike train but it's a learning process.

No comments:

>