Sunday, January 14, 2007

BETTER THAN EXPECTED

RUN: 2:30 / 4R:1W / TREADMILL

When I got out of bed this morning , I could hear the ice hitting the windows. That made any chance of doing my long run outside-out of the question. By the time I put some vegetable soup on and got all 3 dogs taken care of it was 730am by the time that I got to the gym. The bargaining began. Maybe next week will be better for the 2:30 run. I went through every excuse in the book with a few new ones thrown in. I made it to 90 min. when I switched treadmills. I looked up and saw Iron Snoopy. I felt like I was fading fast but she said I was looking pretty good. Those few words were all the motivation that I needed to finish the run. It did go better than expected. I drank orange Gatorade Endurance and I Gu. I should have added more water to the drink and could have used 1 more Gu. But overall I was fine.

When I got home, I did my weekly weigh-in. This week I lost 4.5 lbs. for a total since Jan. 1 of 7 lbs. I was very happy with that.

The new dog did great and is getting along fine with the other 2. Took some photos--



This is Mickey our new dog. 3 years old and a mix of hound and beagle.






This is Dakota. He is my running buddy. His is a 3 year old Golden.






Last but certainly no least is Jerry. He is a 7 year old Border Collie mix.



It sound like an earthquake downstairs I better go check on the gang. I also see the Bears just went into overtime.

Waddling to watch the Bears...........

12 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Love your poochies! I miss having a dog we had to put our yellow lab down several years ago and just aren't home enough- I wouldn't want my dog to be lonely...but I don't think we have the room for three of them!
(I love your wooden floors by the way...makes a kitchen feel warm and homey and pretty at the same time!) :-)

Fe-lady said...

Love your poochies! I miss having a dog we had to put our yellow lab down several years ago and just aren't home enough- I wouldn't want my dog to be lonely...but I don't think we have the room for three of them!
(I love your wooden floors by the way...makes a kitchen feel warm and homey and pretty at the same time!) :-)
And congratulations on getting in a long tough workout!

Flo said...

Wow, nice job on the run. 2:30 on the treadmill, you are amazing!!!

Love the pups. We had 3 dogs until last Memorial Day when I had to put the oldest down. Now we are down to 2 and they are aging rapidly.

21st Century Mom said...

You are my hero! I forced myself to stay on the treadmill for 20 minutes on Friday then made myself get to 2 miles (a few extra minutes). I honestly don't know how you manage to stay on that thing for over 2 hours. 3 cheers for your training efforts - awesome!

IronSnoopy said...

I love your dogs! I would have a zillion dogs if we could. Congrats on Mickey, he looks like a good one!

And nice job on the run! I thought you looked strong and fantastic! Yay you!

jeanne said...

two 1/2 hours on the treadmill??? Good lord you deserve a medal. What's your secret???!!!

(and did you really have to have SIX teeth pulled??? ey--ouch!)

Charles said...

Congrats on the fabulous run!!!! 2:30 is a long haul on a beautiful trail with perfect weather and a friend to chat with. Running in a hot and smelly gym with nothing to look at but the walls is very impressive!

Vickie said...

Good job on the long run, and on the treadmill too! I really need to buckle down and get the long running in, so I commend you for sticking to it! That's how you get to the finish line--consistency and persistence.

D said...

Nice job overcoming the urge not to go - or to postpone! Congratulations on the weightloss. Your dogs are gorgeous. I'm surprised your Golden runs with you. A friend of mine has one. One day we met to run and she brought her Golden. We finished one mile or so and her dog simply stopped and layed down. Needless to say, it ended being a long run and we bagged the run! We decided then that any hopes of this particular dog becoming her running partner were gone. They are sweet dogs though.

Dori said...

Wow, 2.5 hours on the treadmill; good job! And WTG on the weight loss--I'm jealous. :-)

Backofpack said...

Great job on the treadmill run! I couldn't do it. For one thing I get motion sickness everytime I get on one of those. Very strange.

Your dogs are sweet. I used to take one or the other of our labs out with me. I always felt bad leaving one home though, and I really hated having to scoop and then carry it for the rest of the run, so I quit running with them. Sundae is nine now, and the last time I took her for a three miler she limped the rest of the day. We just stick to our walks now - she gets to go off leash and run then.

Joe said...

Discipline. You are showing it. Good for you!! And you will reap the benefits. You are seeing it in your fitness. That drives the metabolism which cuts the weight.

And it all starts with deciding to run well, eat right and do good.

Awesome! At so many levels!!!!

I hear pigs flapping their wings....

>