Monday, April 09, 2007

GOAL CHANGING


ELLIPTICAL : 40 min.


I spent today rethinking yesterday's post, your comments ,and how I felt after the run. I will run the full PIG but I will remove the time goal and now my sidebar states to finish my 3rd marathon. I feel better about things now. I know I can finish!!

Tonight my legs were tired. The weather outside was cold with snow flurries. I headed for the gym and chose the elliptical. I watched Dancing with the Stars while working out. I liked Apollo the best - WOW!

Tomorrow night I have my Y-ME support group meeting so there will be no workout. I will record American to watch later. Will someone please get Sanjay off??

Waddling to catch some ZZZZs.............

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm glad to see you've decided to go for the whole pig, even while changing your time goals. That should take the pressure off immensely, and I would think finishing the whole thing is better than backing down and doing the half. (Not that the half is no effort, just that you probably would be disappointed if you missed the chance for the full.) You will probably find the rest of your training will be totally easier too now that you have taken that pressure off from yourself.

Joe said...

Excellent decision!! This is the best choice. I think you'll be pleased with your choice. You may even surprise yourself and be pleased with your time as well!!

Get set for the long run this weekend...looks like the weather will improve!

Irene said...

I've just caught your Easter post. Yeah, go for the whole Pig. Like everyone else said, you've put in the training and mileage.

Also watching DWTS... ;)

Mary Sunshine said...

Dear Waddler!

Is that you in the picture???

I hope you really ENJOY the Flying Pig. It's a light-hearted race with beautiful views. Going the distance is something to be proud of! You will LOVE the pig medal!!

My plan is to start driving out of NC within 7 hours of the start of the tri...so I can see you and many of my Pig buddies cross the finish line. This will spur me on if/when I'm tempted to slow down.

Mary

Unknown said...

I had to revisit my goals for this year because I was letting arbitrary performance goals get in the way of main goal of finishing and having fun. This post of yours helped me realize that for myself.

I really hope you enjoy the PIG. And thanks for helping me refocus myself. :)

>