Thursday, December 11, 2008


I have never known a Christmas season that has not been hectic for me. What is amazing is that this year has been as busy as ever and I have nothing done for the holidays. I have no tree, decorations, cookies, or even presents.

Every aspect of my life has been crazy busy. Work is out of control. We have started doing several new treatment procedures in our radiaton oncology department. One is stereotactic radiosurgery to the brain and the other is a new mammosite treatment to the breast. It is awesome that the number of these procedures that we do is increasing but it seems like my stress level has increased proportionally.

Hooch is doing better after being in an Auto accident las month. We are so glad that she was safe but she is still having lots of pain and having difficulty making it through a day at school. She started physical therapy today. I hope this will releive some of her stiffness.

Hubby is hanging in there. His RSD has been very painful and I am concerned that it has traveled more up his leg. He had another nerve block this week and did get several days of relief from the continuous pain and burning. The plan is to put a neurostimulator in his spine to help control the pain. We are due to have the temporary one put in soon hopefully.

Training has been on the low side this week. Lack of motivation was not a problem but time and energy were. I hope to get some good workouts in this weekend.

Waddling toward the weeks end.........................

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think about it....your whole day is spent taking care of sick people and for the past 5-months you have been coming home and taking care of me (talk about overtime.....for that I am forever grateful. My first Christmas present to you is my full support for your training this year. Remember what you have been telling me lately,"the good Lord does not hand you something that you can't handle". And ..."things have a way of working out"

Calyx Meredith said...

I hope you find the time and energy that you need so you can fully enjoy the holidays with your family. Peace.

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, lots going on! Many years ago, my husband and I decided to do away with Xmas decorations, holiday parties and foods, and giving traditional presents. We've taken back our holidays!

Sunshine said...

You have a lot going on besides Christmas!!
First priority: take care of you.
(When the O2 masks are released in an plane, they say secure your own before you try to help anyone else.)

Anonymous said...

lotslots going on and me? Im delurking to urge you to find some YOU TIME this weekend. whether that time is exercising or just recharging your battery so that NEXT WEEK you have the energy/spark to workout!

Joe said...

Prayers continue for all of you...you will make the right decisions. And the important things WILL get done!

Vickie said...

Your Hubby has given you some good advice. And the fact that he is so supportive should make things easier. Things do have a way of working themselves out. The things that are important will get done.

>