Saturday, December 06, 2008

THE SUCK ZONE

No this is not "TWISTER" !

Today at spin class, I had one goal which was to stay in zone 2 with my heart rate. This is extremely hard for me to do. I start listening to the music, competing with my neighbor, or just get caught up with the instructors enthusiasm. For my winter training, I want base build and stay in zone 2.

The 15 minutes went well. A friend was in front of me who has just done IMAZ and she was working really hard. Next the music began to rock out. Then the instructor walked around the room to pump us up. Before I knew it, I was in the suck zone. I was sucked right into zone 3 and 4. I pulled myself back several times. It is a challenge to stay in zone 2!

Waddling out of the suck zone................

4 comments:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

Holy cow on IronSnoopy's story! I should say stories -- IMAZ and the aftermath!

Zone 2....love how it feels (physically) but I find it very hard to stay there too.

Calyx Meredith said...

I'm not sure I have a Zone 2. I tend to go from 1 to 3 with no way to stay in between! Good job with the spin class.

IronSnoopy said...

When I do HR training, like really do it, I give myself permission to go to 1 spin class a week and just go nuts -- like zone 4 nuts.

All other cardio is done in zone 2, though.

That's the year I crazy PR'd at the Indy Mini! You should try it.

Nice job on spin and swim! )

ShirleyPerly said...

I hear ya! I too get sucked into going way too hard in group workouts. But perhaps this is good training for B2B. We will have all have to stay within ourselves as others fly past us during the race.

>