Sunday, December 07, 2008

The weather forecast on Saturday was calling for sub 10 degree temps on Sunday morning. My plan was to meet Snips for a 6 miler. I was aliitle nervous about the distance because I hadn't been running much. The temperature made my decision for me. It would be a Master's Swim day.

When I woke, the chill in the house made me want to pull up the covers and go back to sleep. I had already cancelled my run so I knew I had to go to swim. The thought of jumping in the cool water in the pool was flipping my stomach. I did get up and go and had a great workout.

Today is my mom's birthday. Pearl Harbor happened on her 21st birthday. She passed away 17 years ago. She loved Hooch so much. I will never forget the 2 of them on Hooch's first birthday. She never knew about Bino. He would have given her a run for the money. Dad still misses her alot also.

Waddling on a winter day..........................

5 comments:

TEAM RSD said...

Your Mom, like my Dad, are proud of you and our children.

I love you.....

Vickie said...

Good memories of those who have gone before us. I hear you on this COLD weather!

J~Mom said...

I don't know if I could do it in that cold weather! Way to go!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

OMG, that is cold! I have difficulty leaving the house when it's sub-50 temps. Good for you getting that swim workout done.

Joe said...

Great memories of your Mom...how special!!

Running through winter is central to the plan...hang in there...you have the goal now!

>