Friday, July 17, 2009

FIRST OLYMPIC

Like all my races this season, this one fit into a training plan to prepare for Beach2Battleship. I'm looking at race day to practice - not to worry about how fast I can go, or if I can even beat that person ahead of me. So I have two objectives for this race; the first, finish and enjoy. What I mean by that is, I am not going to go in with guns blazing, pushing some incredible and unsustainable pace. I am going to let my training do all the work. Second, test nutrition and practice staying calm and thinking through the transitions.

The weather sounds like it will cooperate. Amazing for July.

Tri-Sharkie and I are leaving this afternoon for packet pick-up and a look at the course.

Waddling to pack.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy!

Joe said...

You have the perfect perspective on this race. An important brick in the wall that will be preparation for December.

Relax...enjoy...good luck!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

GOOD LUCK! Looking forward to the race report!

>