Sunday, August 23, 2009

FIRST CENTURY RIDE


Today was another notch in my belt on my Iron journey. It was my first century ride ever! I rode alone as my partner, TriSharkie, was under the weather. After oversleeping, I got out on the route at 7am. It was nicely spread out. Again this week, I did everything that I hope to do in November's race. Infinit was my choice for nutrition. I did stop at 3 of the 5 SAG stops but only grabbed water, half a sandwich, and a pretzel.

I would like to have a great exciting story of my first 100 miles but there is none. There were miles of cornfields, beautiful weather, and a couple of challenging hills. I got it done and averaged almost 15 mph. I was thrilled that I completed the miles but I continue to be concerned about making the time cutoff in November.

Waddling after 100 miles on the bike..............

11 comments:

TRISHARKIE (AKA Ronda) said...

Congrats Waddler! I'm so happy for you. Even though it was "uneventful", it still was a huge milestone. I sooooooo wished I was riding along side you today.

Joe said...

big day in the journey, indeed!! Way to keep going and keep going...and enjoying all the great Illinois corn!!

Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

great milestone. keep up the god work!

IronSnoopy said...

Uneventful is great. Nice job on getting your miles in!

I know your fears about the cutoff. Never give up. You have quite a lot of heavy training left to do (8 weeks?)to whittle down and gain speed.

Believe.

Lindy said...

Completing your century ride is an event in and of itself! CONGRATS!!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

I think just completing your first 100-mile bike ride is great exciting news. Congrats!!!

Irene said...

Sometimes uneventful is a good thing!
It means everything went well! Congratulations!!!!

Fe-lady said...

This is great news! Glad you enjoyed yourself too!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm getting very excited for your and your first Iron!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I was there, too!! We should start coordinating these longer rides since we're around the same pace. :)

IronLinae, PhD said...

Good job!

>